Kansas FYI _Question 1Kansas FYI _Question 2Kansas FYI _Question 3Kansas FYI _Question 4Kansas FYI _Question 5Kansas FYI _Question 6Kansas FYI _Question 7

Process Home

How are federal Census results adjusted to meet the requirements of the Kansas Constitution and who performs the adjustment?



KSA 11-301 et seq., requires the Secretary of State to gather data necessary to make population adjustments as required by the Kansas Constitution. All colleges, universities, and military units are to report to the Secretary information regarding students and military personnel as necessary to make the adjustment. The Secretary of State is required by statute to provide the adjusted Census figures to the Legislature by the end of July in the year ending in 1.